Wednesday, July 14, 2010

8 Minute Workout In My Panties


Today I decided to do my lower body workout at home. And since I did not do very much yoga yesterday I stuck with a body weight workout. I finished up with 15lb straight leg dead lifts and felt fabulous!

Something about working with weights makes me feel so powerful and sexy. I know it may not seem that way when you first start with weights, but you will get the feeling if you stick with it.

Today I needed extra motivation so I worked out in just my panties and tennis shoes. It was not pretty site, but a reality check.

Mind you I have a full length mirror and let me tell you it shows all the ripples and dipples I don't care for.

But.....that just makes me work harder!

If you have never tried it, I really recommend it. Even if you are far from where you want to be at physically you still have the ability to change how you look on the outside by how you feel on the inside.

I decided to try my sweet potato different today, I am getting creative or lazy because I did NOT feel like looking up a recipe.

Anyway here is my creation today:

1 sweet potato
2 tbs peanut butter
2 tbs honey
small dash of cinnamon

Dessert
1/2 cup yogurt
3 strawberries sliced on top......yum!

If you have a sweet potato recipe you like, please let me know. I am trying to eat more of them and less bread at lunch.

My workout was old school 1994 dvd Jaime Brenkus 8 minute workout. Here is his ab workout that I love to do.
www.examiner.com/x-28813-St-Louis-Fitness-Trends-Examiner~y2010m3d16-8-Minute-Abs-WORKS


Lower body body weight workout
8 min Legs, 8 min Glutes, 8 min stretch = 24 minutes
Mood - Go girl!
Time of workout = 25 min


Squats
Squat pulses
Forward lunge
Forward to back lunge
Standing Abduction
Standing Adduction
Glute press
Donkey kicks
Straight Leg lifts
Dead lift 15lb db

5 min stretch

Did anyone see Losing It with JM last night? (I loved those girls)

NO EXCUSE I MAKE IT HAPPEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment