Friday, March 8, 2013

NutriBullet Review!

I just got the NutriBullet and I am keeping my old standby mini mixer just in case.
Here is my rating on it compared to my old blender which is a single serve and been used a bunch (million times) is next to my new shiny NutriBullet.

Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender $15.00 at Target (worth every cent)
2 Pieces, that's it. Blend in style with this single serve blender by Hamilton Beach.

Featuring a travel lid, push button controls and cord storage, the blender has stainless steel blades for durability and a generous 14-ounce capacity. •Easy compact storage with a convenient jar that flips over and a cord wrap •Wattage Output: 175 Watts •Number of Speeds: 1 •Capacity (volume): 14.0 Oz. •Appliance Capabilities: Smoothes, Beats, Mixes •Features: Hideaway Cord Wrap, Push Button Controls •Includes: Travel Lid, Blending Cup with Lid, Instruction Manual •Material: Plastic •Finish: Glossy •Care and Cleaning: Dishwasher Safe Parts, Wipe Clean

VS NutriBullet MagicBullet® NutriBullet™

This high-speed blender/juicer system allows you to chop, shred and dice. The Nutribullet is design to break down nutrients of the whole foods you place in it so there are more nutrients that are released to allow your body to easily absorb them. Nutribullet also has everything you need to start creating delicious drinks and dishes. Includes high-torque power base, one tall cup, one short cup with handheld comfort lip ring, one handled short cup with one comfort lip ring, flat blade, emulsifying blade, two stay-fresh resealable lids, one pocket nutritionist and one user manual/cookbook. 600 watts.

Has 2 blades one for crushing up nuts, like I really care. Still. $80.00 (with coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond, cheapest place to buy it new)

You can put veggies like spinach and what not in it. So. What. Check out the photos here, take a look at what you see closely.
Nutribullet - Gazillion pieces
Takes up more space in The Barbie House the 580 sq ft home I live in.
Comes with cool screw on lids Blends it all up like my old one Now, check out the printing/cup marking on measuring your actual intake difference Also note, it also has allllllll those screw line thingy so that you can be sure the top is on tight for the cyclonic action blades to work and not leak. Yeah, don't over fill! Check out how faaaaar my lips have to be to drink this past the screw marks. You get the biggest milky mustache ever! And they act like take it on the go, yeah better bring a napkin and don't even think about lipstick or gloss till after you wipe off your face full of NutriBullet smoothie. Oh you can use the special handle lip ring one, its so awkward its not worth the time to me in the morning. Just so you can blend it upside down.

So am I saying you should buy the NutriBullet? If you want to have more options. I have had mine a week now and I have only used the other blade for nuts once to check it out. It does have recipes I have tried and I also put carrots in it and it did just fine. Was it worth the money. Not to me, when I had one working just fine.

I thought I would be able to just drop a bunch of stuff in it and go but some seeds you can't have in it because they are not good for you. I rate this - 8 Too many things I would never use, and I also don't like it doesn't have a hide-a-way cord and its way heavy to lug up and down from the cabinet so its on the counter. If your really into pre-weighing your stuff it works super, if not there us just 1 magical fill line. One. Don't go over it. Floods over.

Maybe once I start making other things I may like it better but for now I'm not sure it was the best investment of $80 bucks.

.............. If you have one, whats your rating of the NutriBullet?

24 comments:

  1. Happy to see your blog as it is just what I’ve looking for and excited to read all the posts. I am looking forward to another great article from you.Fitness Training Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus, did Hamilton pay you to do a bad review on this? Sounds AWFULLY biased, like you were just nitpicking every thing you could. For instance, "Look how far my lips have to go"? Seriously? PUT IT IN A DIFFERENT CUP GENIUS. That is, if you can't drink out of the ones provided (as the rest of us do) without crying about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous - My intent on this was spending $20 or $99 when a $20 product will do it why spend more?

    Yes, I can pour it into another cup and do another dish but why waste time to do that? Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trainer,

    Thanks for your honest opinion and review on Nutribullet.

    We were wondering if you could drop us a comment on your experiences with Nutribullet on our site to share with our readers.

    We are trying to find as many "real" reviews from people to better inform buyers on whether it is good buy or not.

    You can write a comment/review here: NutriBullet

    Thanks
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rachel, I sent over my review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chill out Trainer, you'll get a more harmonious outcome.
    How long does it take to rinse out a 16 ounce glass?
    If you're in such a hurry in the morning, eat breakfast before you put on your makeup: it'll give your body time to start utilizing it by the time you run out the door.
    Every product has its shortfalls. Work around 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comparison! I bought a Nutribullet a few months ago and loved how powerful and versatile it was. However, I ended up returning it because it kept leaking and because it was annoyingly difficult to remove the blade piece with the tight seal created after blending. I ordered the Hamilton Beach personal blender (with two travel cups) last week and am hoping for good results when I try it out. I plan to use it mainly for green smoothies and protein shakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Anonymous......I am glad you were able to return a product that didn't work for you. It is great to have another testimony on the Nutribullet so others can have the information to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've been using one for about a week. brilliant for fruit smoothies and soups. i made peanut butter in it. i got it mostly for smoothies and for brewing ciders. expensive to buy of the tv though. def get it from bed and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been blogging
    for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is excellent, as well as the content!



    My website; healthy weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has to be one of the dumbest reviews I've read.

    Don't even know where to start.

    Your Hamilton blender cannot break leafy greens down as well as the nutribullet, If you enjoy having leafy greens like spinach and kale come down the same way they went into your body, then by all means your Hamilton blender is the better choice...and before you try and refute that leafy greens have a cell wall which would prevent it from being as easily broken down by your digestive system.

    and as for the whole milk mustache stupidity - pour it into a glass genius!

    do you drink straight out of your blender after making your smoothie? no? do you pour it into a glass? then do that!

    And as for the seeds not being good for you...they mention apple seeds pear seeds peach pits which are not good for you because they contain trace amounts of a cyanide compound. you could add chia seeds or flax seeds...I have no idea why you would try to mention that as a con against the nutribullet...its not their fault...jeez...is it that difficult to cut or core an apple... do you really put whole apples or peaches in your blender?

    and as for it being way too heavy lol! aren't you a trainer. it's not that heavy to lug around lol. what is wrong with you? I have no idea how much it weighs but I have one and its not too heavy lol. aren't you some sort of trainer? does it really tire you out lugging this heavy piece of machinery?

    As for the whole having a small house- no space to live...boohoo....The fact is the blender cant blend leafy greens down as well as the nutribullet. not to mention nuts and seeds.

    and you can easily buy a replacement blade for 10 to 15$ .

    I happen to use every part of the nutribullet. And find your review utterly stupid.

    You even said - yes I could pour it into a cup and wash it but why do that? so let me guess you make your drinks in your magical Hamilton blender and you just leave it?

    You haven't made a single good point in your review. Just demonstrated your utter incompetence and you seem to struggle with common sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do drink out of the Hamilton cup after blending. I simply was showing a point of view that was more money and time then other blenders. Thank you for sharing but Nutribullet had me post my review for that same reason. I love this post for this reason. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. It was an infomercial review website and not nutribullet that asked you to post your idiotic "review" where you portray yourself as a helpless 3 year old.

      Look at the cheap blades on the Hamilton blender. compare that to the nutribullet.

      As an example : I put in 2 handfuls of leafy greens in my smoothies sometimes and they are completely broken down to the point that you cant see them , which means the nutrients in them will be absorbed better

      compared to your blender which will probably leave big unbroken pieces of leafy stuff , unbroken stems etc - and since it has a cell wall your digestive system has a harder time breaking it down.... (Can you understand this part, or do I have to do all your thinking for you?)

      I can guarantee your Hamilton blender cannot break down and totally extract as much nutrients as possible from leafy greens, seeds, nuts, etc
      as well as the nutribullet can.

      You should return yours though since you clearly have no idea how to get the most out of it.

      Delete
  12. I just got the NutriBullet and I am keeping my old standby mini mixer just ... bulletblender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is my rating on it compared to my old blender which is a single serve ... 2hamiltonbeachblender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here is my rating on it compared to my old blender which is a single serve and been used a bunch (million times) is next to my new shiny ... 2singleserveblender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here is my rating on it compared to my old blender which is a single serve and been used a bunch (million times) is next to my new shiny ... 2personalblender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just got the NutriBullet and I am keeping my old standby mini mixer just in case. Here is my rating ... 2magicbulletblender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here is my rating on it compared to my old blender which is a single serve ... 2blendercup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just got the NutriBullet and I am keeping my old standby mini mixer just in case. Here is my rating on it compared to my old blender which is a ... 2nutribulletblender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just got the NutriBullet and I am keeping my old standby mini mixer just in case. ... mmagicbullet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just got the NutriBullet and I am keeping my old standby mini mixer just in case. Here is my rating on it compared to my old blender which is a ... nutribulletrx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post.
    best nutribullet dubai 2019

    ReplyDelete