Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yoga + Kettlebells = Awesome Workout!


Shape Magazines September workout routine:
www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/strength_training/total_body/yoga_workout_kettlebell_exercises_yoga_routine


Its the last day of the month, and I should have rawked out a good workout. But I only got in 25 minutes so instead of doing stretch, I did the second half of Kenpo.

I love the arm movements and they make me feel really strong, so I got my sweat on with that. I plan to do a walk at lunch, should be lovely weather here so I will be on track today. Tomorrow starts week 6 and so far I am not seeing any changes but am feeling super duper strong!

Yes, I will be taking the Yoga core class on Thursday, YUM.

I saw a great article in September Shape magazine on Kettlebell Yoga, now that's what I am talking about. I am going to do some of those moves and see how I like them V's dumbbells. I have done yoga with db in class at Club Fitness called Power Yoga and love, love, loved it.

It adds a new element of power to it, and although the moves are more flowing for me a cardio crazy girl the time just goes by so fast.

Let me know if you have ever tried Yoga with Kettlebells or weights.

Last night I had speghetti with turkey meatballs and it was de-lish. I am starting to really like using turkey for my dishes, its so lean.

I have a friend Rachel that has a great turkey burger recipe that her boyfriend Bill the pilot makes all the time, he travels so you can see how easy these work for someone on the go. Find it here:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1224940

Here is her blog on it (warning will make you hungry) and pictures too:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3591107

Today's after workout snack same as yesterday:
1/2 banana (I cut the first half then place in fridge for next day)
1/2c water
1 scoop casein whey chocolate
a splash of skim milk

This slow release casein whey has really been keeping me full until breakfast at 10am so I like it. I am not sure its the best time to take this type protein after a workout, but I am out of my regular and saving my money till payday (today)

P90X Round 3 Week 5 Day 6 - Stretch (I did second half of Kenpo instead)

Workout - Kenpo Arm series
Mood - Rushed
Time of workout = 25 min
Cals burned = 185

Jogs, jump rope, jumping jacks (25), jump X jacks (10)

Back kicks - 25
3 direction kicks - 24
Sword hammer - 15
Claw punch - 25

Jogs, jump rope, jumping jacks (25), jump X jacks (10)

30 Each:
Blocks front
Blocks corner
Inward Blocks
Downward Blocks

Jogs, jump rope, jumping jacks (25), jump X jacks (10)

Star Blocks 16
High block low punch 2x25
Knee back kick 2x30
Back knuckle ball kick/back kick 2x10
Hook upper cut low side kick 2x10
Elbow series 30
Vertical punches 100
Walking combo 30


NO EXCUSE I MAKE IT HAPPEN

2 comments:

  1. I love turkey burgers, as well as turkey pasta, turkey tacos, turkey sloppy joes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st day of September, I better get into shape. thanks for sharing this post

    ReplyDelete