Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The perfect post workout smoothie and why


The perfect post workout smoothie and why:

Green Monster:
1 scoop whey protein (I use vanilla ice cream flavor 100% gold standard)
1/2 cup steamed spinach (microwave for 30-45 sec)
1 tsp flax oil
1- 1 1/2 cup green tea (cold)

Heres why its so good for you:

Protein - builds muscle by “repairing” torn fibers following a vigorous workout, protein is crucial.

Spinach - two-fold power, spinach is also an ideal pre-workout food as it boosts strength with phytoecdysteroids (a natural plant steroid) Spinach is ideal for post-workouts as these same plant steroids have been shown to increase muscle growth by a whopping 20%!

Flaxseed - the omega 3s in flaxseeds could help to reduce inflammation, beneficial in muscle recovery. Flaxseeds also promote fullness and might very well curb your midnight cravings. Opt for the oil variety as seeds are difficult to digest. Bonus: flaxseed oil helps prevent acne (when eaten, so don't put on your face).

Green tea - high in catechins, an antioxidant shown to seep-up metabolism and helps to burn more fat. Essentially, you may lose weight by drinking green tea. If you're not into the warm variety, try Ito-En. Their iced blends are delicious and low in sugar.

For those of you that follow my blogs you know that I make these type of smoothies all the time, however I got the reasons for these ingredients to be used from Stefan Pinto a fellow writer.

Here is his link

3 comments:

  1. I can believe you that its good, but I dont have the patience to make something that is so involved...make it for me and I will enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Congratulations for your blog, very easy to read and very professional. I´m also a professional coach with 15 years of experience(soccer) and a fitness trainer. See you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for providing individuals with a very wonderful chance
    to read critical reviews from this website.
    It can be so pleasant and as well , packed with amusement for me personally and my office
    colleagues to search your web site at a minimum three times weekly to find out the new guides you
    will have. And of course, I'm just actually satisfied with your outstanding creative concepts you give. Certain 1 facts in this article are particularly the most impressive we've
    had.
    Also visit my weblog become a youth coach

    ReplyDelete