Friday, May 8, 2009

P90X Day 6 Kempo (Boxing Workout)



P90X Day 6 Kempo (Boxing workout)

This morning I only did 30 minutes of the Kempo workout, it is tough just to get past the yoga stretches.
Most of the stretches I had to modify since I am not that flexible but you can still do these. The easy ones for me were frog, downward facing dog and the runners lunge. I can tell that as I do this program not only will I be in better shape it will FORCE me to be more flexible which I need.

When I was younger it was easy to skip out on stretching, but now as I get older I have come to enjoy the feelings that stretch give you. Some of this I learned the hard way, from physical therapy and chiropractic sessions but I did learn its very important to the body.
Today I did most of the upper body moves, and will try to finish this when I get home. Its really a cardio burn session so don't be fooled by the name its tough.

One thing I did notice today was that you are not to do this program if you have neck, back or knee problems......hummm T. has all these. I have a steal cage in my neck, a curved spine and torn knees from 20 plus years of running on pavement. So what's my point, modify! You can still challenge yourself, don't give in just do the best that YOU can do.
You can bring yourself to the next level if you listen to your body, be mindful of form and modify the moves to make it less intense that's what I am doing to complete this program. However I am not going to lie, its tough and everything on my body hurts! Actually D. (I am in a challenge with) who is 5 years younger, 2 time golden gloves winner is hurting too, so how does that make Trainer T. feel?

HUGE ego boost! *giggles (as if its not big enough)

I love to push myself but when they say EXTREME they do mean it. Have you seen Tony Horton's legs? That says it all, I mean I have seen some ripped up back, abs and arms but this guy has the legs down bar none! Even Tom Platts who was a huge body builder in the 80's known for his legs could not compare to the lean mass Tony has, seriously its insane!

Here are my workouts and stats:
5/7
30 Minute incline walk
Cals burned - 120

5/8
Workout - P90X Kempo Day 6 (its like boxing)
Mood - Wanted to sleep in
Time of workout - 30 minutes
25 Jumping jacks
10 X-Jumping jacks - plyo jumps
1 Minute jump rope
Jabs, upper cuts, twists and crosses all good stuff.

Friday Stats:
WT - 120
BF% 23.4
BMI% 20.6

Off to get the Rockstar Body.........

3 comments:

  1. T! Congrats on starting X! Whoo hoo! I know your gonna rock it :) Kenpo is my FAVORITE work out of P90x.. well Shoulders and Arms is probably tied with it. Cant wait to hear more about your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don't know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!
    Also see my page > Ripped Muscle X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete