Monday, April 27, 2009

Energized With Strength Training


Something about strength training that makes me feel so energized......
I just love it!
This link below is a great article on strength training vs cardio. I just love this article because I get so many people that just want to "blast the fat" with cardio training. Who wants to be a skinny fat girl? I mean all cardio will just make you look the same, only smaller. When you add strength training, which includes using your own body weight you get massive results. They feel its not WORTH the time investment, nothing could be farther then the truth. You can actually change the shape of your body with weight training.
Don't get me wrong, I love a sweaty cardio session but it has its place. Don't use it just for guilt, because you ate incorrectly the night before. The body just does not work like that, and you have to understand that its more then a math equation of cals in vs cals out.....ITS A SCIENCE.
So get energized with a good strength training program.
Here's my workouts:
4/25 Workout - Cardio & Pilates
Mood - Kicking it up a notch!!!
Wt - 118 Cals - 350
Time in gym - 1hr 15 mins
30 min cardio stair climber 10 boxing sprints for 1 minute each, 10 overhead sprints
3x10 hyper extensions
3x10 25lb back rows
45 min Pilates
4/26
Workout - Legs and Biceps (I forgot my sheet so I just did what I could)
Mood - Killer!
Wt - 119 Cals - 150
Time in gym - 45 mins
7 Min glute master machine - KILLER
10 min stair climber after workout incline 20 resistance 20 - OMG!
3x10 140lb leg press - toes out
3x10 55lb laying glute press
3x10 40lb standing glute press
3x10 10lb bicep curls
4/27 Off day
Off to get the Rockstar Body..........

No comments:

Post a Comment