Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Anthony Robbins Breathing For Determination & Focus




Determination and breathing keep you focused on the same path.


How is that so? Its been proved that doing breathing exercises stimulates the brain. More oxygen is delivered and it can trigger some profound effects. Last night and this morning I was listening to Tony Robbins (Anthony) on his hour of power, and thrive in 30 minutes cd. One of the breathing techniques was 4 breaths in and 4 breaths out. I have done yoga before with focused breathing but nothing like this.


In yoga the breath is very smooth, gentle, full and deep and this is more like you see in a movie when someone is practicing delivering a baby. Its been shown that 4 is the magic number on this, and it is a quick breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. I did this practice on the way to work, and you are to do it for 5-20 minutes. I am not sure I could do this for the full 20 minutes without doing something like walking but I got in 10 and felt very different. Try it...... really even for just 5 minutes you will feel more clear and in a better mood.


He recommends also doing gratitude's during this time, which I did. He used the example of "I love my wife", "I love my wife". Seems like a 4 word statement works well with the 4 breaths. I did the statement of "I love my life" and I felt alive after doing this practice. Usually with Yoga I feel more relaxed, in tune to myself and calm. With this I felt alive, determined and vibrant also if I may say...... jolly! I wonder if Santa uses this, it sure would keep him warm at the North pole lol. It made me feel as if I could do anything, and determined to have a good day and be productive and go for it!


Have you ever done yoga?


If you have try this and see how different you feel. If you have not, maybe see if this pulls you into a "determined state of mind" as it did for me. I am looking forward to the rest of his ideas on how to create a better, stronger state of mind. Like he said, with determination you can accomplish anything, vision and purpose are great but without the will to do it, you will never make it to the goal.


Off to get the Rockstar Body.....one breath at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment