Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Was It Fear?


" Change has considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better." King Whitney Jr.


Every day I am striving to do better with my goals. I have decided I won't be perfect but that I can do better, I can always strive for more. The changes I have made so far this week is my physical appearance of my hair and by adding 10lbs on to my squats and leg presses. I know these little things can add up to keep me excited about changes. I also bought some walnuts also for a change along with my almonds and have been enjoying my chocolate non fat cottage cheese pudding. Now I am not going to lie, I could do much better still and will.

I love spring time because its a time of change, another season to start off fresh and know that sunny, warm days are right around the corner. Yes, shorts and little tops with cute sweaters and strappy sandals. Just thinking of this change motivates me to be ready, ready for more skin exposure!

Self motivation and control are very hard to master but if you have the confidence in yourself and the desire to change you can do it. I will continue to keep challenging myself so I can take myself to another level. I was going to have to host our meeting alone tonight. I was not up to the challenge, I had to tell my partner I could not do this meeting without him. Its going to be twice as many people and at a new location we have never been at.

Was it fear?

Maybe it was fear holding me back, or maybe I felt what if I don't do as well as when we are doing them together? Will I be a failure and not help us grow because of a missed opportunity? That is why I picked this quote today, I needed to remind myself this. I do have the confidence but I also have fears like everyone else doing something new or out of your comfort zone.

I guess I feel like so much is riding on this that I don't want to "mess it up". Maybe I need more practice and then I will be ready to step up and take the full reins. Maybe I just need the support you know of someone there for you.

Have you even been where you want to step up but fear is there? Its ok, we can all overcome that if we take it one step at a time.

If your afraid of a new project, workout or situation just break it down in steps or get with someone already that knows it and watch and learn. Thats one thing I love about trainers is that we can show you then you can face the fear of doing it on your own.

I will stay hopeful, next time I will be ready for the challenge that exist to make me better.

2/24
Workout : Cardio
Mood: so-so
Wt: 125.0
Gym time = 40 mins
Cals = 350

30 Minutes straight cardio. I did 3 sprints on level 15 and 3 sprints on level 20 - that was tough so I just did 30 seconds!

Off to get the Rockstar Body........

No comments:

Post a Comment