Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ladders = Effective Workout in Less Time

"Persistence and perseverance in hard times may not guarantee that we will achieve what we set out to do. But what we ourselves can become inside ourselves, in spirit and soul, in the process will be more than worth the effort." ~ Joan Chittister

Today I felt the need to take time and think positive. You know that a mindset can change so many things in your life. I have been really working steady and persistently on my goals, and know even though it is challenging I AM going to stay the course.

Last night I did the stats for a client from our Church. He is going on a mission in about 2 years and needs to loose 80lbs with a body fat of 24.5% very, very high. I have chosen to put him on Ladders. These are what the police department uses to keep the team in shape. You don't even need any equipment other then your own body.
You can add as many ladders as you like, but for this man Jeff I added only 4. I consider him a beginner and will later add more to it. He is doing 30 minutes on the treadmill every other day opposite of the ladders.

How do you do ladders?

You pick the basic moves you don't even need weights for these. Jumping jacks, mountain climbers, pushups (modified for Jeff), and crunches.
I choose the macros of 30-20-10 for Jeff.
So his first set is 30 jumping jacks, mountain climbers, pushups & crunches.
Then right away for his 2nd set, he goes back and does 20 jumping jacks, mountain climbers, pushups & crunches. Followed by the third set of 10.

What this does, is it brings the body to fatigue and really pushes out the maximum reps. And if you want more challenges you just add more to the ladders.

So if you are looking for an effective workout in less time, this is the one I recommend.

Off to get the Rockstar Body.......

No comments:

Post a Comment