Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Starkist Tuna Salad Sandwich Ready Albacore




I tried this and love it!





I got this on sale 5 for $5.00 since its new, I don't know what the price point will be but its a good lunch for a quick no hassle meal. You could even put this on crackers or celery its that moist.

Starkist Tuna Salad Sandwich Ready (Albacore) http://www.starkist.com/template.asp?section=products/tuna-salad.asp


Heres the facts:

Cals 90
Fat 2.5
Cholesterol 17mg
Sodium 460mg (of course thats high)
Carbs 6g
Fiber 1g
Sugar 2g
Protein 11g

Contains - Fish, soy and eggs

This is a good size portion, it overflowed on my Arnold bread buns. I like that it did not taste salty and had lots of flavor to it. Im sure if you watch out for perservatives this may not be for you. Just as everything you do from scratch you have more control over.

However good protein and this one has less calories 90 then the other that I bought 100 and will try tomorrow. Its the White tuna, this was the Albacore. I don't like that I could not find the nutritonal link to do a side by side comparison, shame on Starkist!

I would buy this again, and I really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. Check out nutritional facts, and prices of albacore tuna from grocery stores at http://healthygrocery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete