Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Play With The Big Boys




Day one, and my shoulder feels fabulous! I am still keeping Mondays as my off day. I got to the gym by 6.30am woo woo!

I am back playing with the big boys!

Some times I get emails from women that are afraid to workout in the weight section with the boys. Girl power.....JUST DO IT! They are more than willing to help you out, really they will. I actually like the space even though I don't use all the bigger machines, like the leg presses or hack squats but still its a nice area. I have never had someone not help me so ladies step up if you want to workout with the big weights.

I am glad to start my new program, I have 2 sessions. This is session A. What I like about this one is its more barbell then dumbbell. Since its been a while since I have used a barbell its FUN! Really I like just mixing things up so its a nice change. I will be mixing this with session B.

I started this workout with a 20lb barbell and worked up to a 30lb barbell. I wanted to make sure I was ready to increase just enough that the last few were a nice burn. I honestly was not sure how strong I would be after doing P90X or how my shoulder would feel but it was great.

One move that I always feel is the deadlift, and this one was a stiff leg deadlift. Hello glutes! I added 10lb with each set, I'm sure I could have started right off with the 40lb but I am trying to get the right amount to get the right burn.

Do you like deadlifts?

If you lift them heavy you must be sure not to strain when putting the weights back. All the power guys at the gym like to place the big barbell weights at the top of the rack and the smaller at the bottom. It's true, I have had to ask someone (guy) to remove and replace my weight bar for me. I mean really, to reach up 4' on a rack is nuts!

I got a few of the wrong things on diet this week, so its back to the store for black beans, oranges and rye bread.

Here is my workout today and I RAWKED it!

Wt - 116
Mood - Oh yeah!
Workout A
5 min elliptical warm up w/shoulder, triceps & neck stretch
Time of workout = 40 min

3x10 20lb BB Squat - 30lb last set
3x10 10lb DB Bench press - 15lb last set
3x10 20lb Overhand BB row - 30lb last 2 sets
3x10 20lb BB shoulder press - 30lb last set
3x10 20lb, 30lb, 40lb BB Stiff Leg Deadlift
3x10 Hanging leg raises - last set 15

5 min cool down stretch:
Standing Hamstring
Bent over hanging
Runners lunge
Downward dog w/calve raises

Off to get the Rockstar Body..........

No comments:

Post a Comment