Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Soy Lovers...Please Help!


Cottage Pudding,
Chocolate with protein yum!
THANK YOU all my spark friends that said I was beautiful, you are too! Thanks for visiting the site.
I know it doesn't look good but believe me its the BOMB, chocolate with protein need I say more?
If any of you follow my blogs you know that I just switched to soy milk, actually Silk soy natural flavor. I was a skim milk girl.
Here is where I need help.
I made my favorite sugar free chocolate pudding and cottage cheese which is called "Cottage pudding". I got the recipe from Sparks and am addicted. recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=163559
Well I can't get the pudding to set up........ICK!
Its all runny, what's the deal???
Has anyone ever made instant pudding with Soy?
Is there a trick or can it NOT be made with Soy? Please let me know, or if I have to buy skim to make this each time. HELP, like I said I love this recipe and want to know if there is an adjustment to make. It was wonderful in my GREEN MONSTERS but this is well, just ICK!
Did anyone try a GREEN MONSTER?
Here is my workout today, I'm still sore as all get out and going to the chiropractor.
I have got to learn NOT to be so aggressive with hedge trimmers the recovery time is INSANE!
P90X Stretch Part 2
Mood - Good, but still sore
Wt - 118 Workout time = 20 Min
Cals = ?
Triangle
Camel
Cat
Back hero
Kenpo stretch
Bow
Low squat
Frog
Off to get the Rockstar Body.......

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Just trying to keep up again & wanted to say that I've never been able to get the soy to set with pudding. Maybe try some almond milk? I usually just buy a small "chug" of milk to make it when I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking that the extra liquid from the cottage cheese will make it extra runny... had a similar problem when I experimented with adding cottage cheese to my eggs. Yummy, but again, didn't quite 'set'.

    Maybe try draining it and cutting the amount of milk?

    Though darn it all, I'm an anti-sugar free person (can't tolerate any artifical sweetner) so no cheesy puddin' for me. (that just sounded wrong! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the help! I will try to add another packet, if not its going into a smoothie :-)

    ReplyDelete