Friday, August 28, 2009

Do You Fight Your Health?




Are you a Fighter?

http://www.christinaaguilera.com/

Heck yeah when it comes to your health and wellness!

Today as I was working out and listened to this song FIGHTER on my player, I thought of these words and how they can relate to fitness/diet. Most of the time, it comes down to emotions. Remember only YOU can make yourself feel a certain way and you are in control of your emotions. It may not be easy at times, but if you can take hold you can change.

Please see how I added some thoughts next to each lyric, you may be at this point in your life and this may inspire you. I love this song for that reason, if you know it and your "stuck" just play this over and over and become a fighter because you are SO worth it!

Fighter Lyrics
Christina Aguilera
(with added thoughts by Trainer T.)

After all you put me through (fat & blubber)
You'd think I'd despise you (cellulite)
But in the end I wanna thank you 'cause you made that much stronger (Kicking you to the curb!)
Well I thought I knew you, thinkin' that you were true (helping me emotionally)
Guess I, I couldn't trust and called your bluff (I'm already full but its so good)
time is up 'Cause I've had enough (Now I can't button my pants)
You were there by my side, always down for the ride (tasting so good and making me think I felt better)
But your joy ride just came down in flames
'Cause your greed sold me out of shame, mhm (your stealing my health)

After all of the stealing and cheating you probably think that
I hold resentment for you (diabetes, high blood pressure & cholesterol)
But uh uh, oh no, you're wrong
'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do, (strain my heart and body & take me away from my family and friends)
I wouldn't know Just how capable I am to pull through (I'm WORTH IT!)
So I wanna say thank you 'Cause it

Makes me that much stronger (to have a better quality of life)
Makes me work a little bit harder (rid myself of fat and wear my skinny clothes again)
Makes me that much wiser (understand how your shortening my life)
So thanks for making me a fighter!

Made me learn a little bit faster (after seeing my doctor)
Made my skin a little bit thicker (knowing I can do this for me and my family)
Makes me that much smarter (I know I am in control of my actions & emotions)
So thanks for making me a fighter!

Never, saw it coming (while I was eating all these yummy fattening foods)
All of, your backstabbing (adding preservatives that keep you hungry, adding pound by pound little by little)
Just so, you could cash in (keep me buying all the cheap $1 menu foods)
On a good thing before I realized your game (convenience on the go instead of packing a cooler)

I heard, you're going around Playing, the victim now (Consumers are wising up and Sparks is educating us)
But don't, even begin Feeling I'm the one to blame (Only I can make myself feel bad and I won't anymore!)
'Cause you dug your own grave, uh huh (with all that high fructose corn syrup & hyrdrogenated oils)

After all of the fights and the lies (I can over come my emotions with positive attitudes)
Yes you wanted to harm me but that won't work anymore (Your 100 calorie pack is not worth it, I will take a piece of fruit instead)
Uh, no more, oh no, it's over (I'm at a turning point)
'Cause if it wasn't for all of your torture (making me feel guilty)
I wouldn't know how to be this way now, and never back down (Committed to be healthy)
So I wanna say thank you

How could this man (food) I thought I knew (so comforting)
Turn out to be unjust so cruel (have so much preservatives & fat in it)
Could only see the good in you (how I felt satisfied while eating you)
Pretended to not to see the truth (oh its just a few extra calories)
You tried to hide your lies, disguise yourself (in diet soda and "low fat" foods)
Through living in denial (I will start my diet/workout on monday after the weekend)

But in the end you'll see YOU-WON'T-STOP-ME!

I am a fighter and I
I ain't goin' stop (its going to take time but with consistency I can, and will do it)
There is no turning back (I want my life, I want to live long and enjoy my family and kids)
I've had enough (No more drive through! I will pack my meals)

Makes me that much stronger = Sparks
Makes me work a little bit harder = Spark Teams
It makes me that much wiser = Sparks Articles
So thanks for making me a fighter = Sparks
Made me learn a little bit faster = Sparks Food and Exercise Tracker
Made my skin a little bit thicker = Sparkler Support
Makes me that much smarter = Coach Nichole Videos
So thanks for making me a fighter = YOURSELF!

Thought I would forget, (making excuses) but I remember (how bad that was for my health)
Cause I remember (I am what I eat)

Thanks Spark People for making me a fighter......because I am worth it!
http://www.sparkpeople.com/


Here is my workout & stats today:
Workout - Steady cardio
Wt -116
Mood - Lazy - it was cloudy and dark
Workout time = 35 min (I was supposed to do 40)
Cals burned - 300

I did a 12.5 minute mile on resistance 1 &4 incline
12 & 15. I am really feeling this in my glutes!

Stats:
Wt - 116
Bf% 23.6
BMI 19.9

Last week was better
Wt - 116
Bf% 22.7
BMI 19.9

Im getting the Rockstar Body......

No comments:

Post a Comment