Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Trainer Karen Finch


There is no Thrill, Hope, or Beauty in settling for average."

Congrats to my trainer Karen Finch On becoming certified as a Master Physique Trainer for the sport of Bodybuilding & Figure Competition Preparation!

I am thrilled to brag for her, she is extremely knowledgeable in the area of nursing, nutrition and ALL areas of fitness & wellness.

As a person she is caring and genuine in helping you see it "like it is" and take a "no excuses" approach to get you to your goals. I am proud to call her my friend, trainer and role model. Thank you Karen for being YOU.

Here are some of the ways she has helped me grow:
How to adjust my macros for my body type
Eating PLAIN oatmeal can be tasty with apples
Choose sugar free jello and non-fat whipcream as my sweet tooth treat
NO more then 1 banana a day
Too much fruit = too many carbs
Lighter weights can be better
Injuries take 2 times longer to heal then you want them to
Sugar is my enemy
Too much cardio is burning my muscle off
Find the obsticals = limited factors, understand them and get past them

But most off all that anything is possible at any age if you want it bad enough, she is living proof and if you have not been to her page please stop by. She is amazing!
"There are only two options regarding commitment. Your either in or out. There's no such thing as life in-between" - Pat Riley
This quote she has on her page today fits her perfectly!

I have no idea how much effort goes into learning all she has learned to pass this certification but I am sure it was very hard. I know as I get older how hard it is for me to retain data at 47 and she is 55 and achieving this masterpiece. Wow thats all I have to say....WOW!

Karen even though you are in NY and I am in MO we have a great bond that will last a lifetime. You have been in my head every day and you have no idea how much that motivates me, challenges me and makes me want to be a better trainer and person because of YOU.

So today I say thank you Karen Finch my friend, trainer and mentor and I wish you continue success!

1 comment:

  1. YAY Karen!!!

    You and she are amazing role models... I'm finally starting to realize what I want to 'be' when I grow up (I'll be the big 4-0 in a couple of months) and I'm thrilled I'm not the only one starting on this path from a more 'mature' stage in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete