Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How I Make Oats


Image: www.Healthyendevours.com
I have decided that I love oats!

You don't have to buy the expensive ones (or prepacked with all kinds of bad stuff in them) the best are just a plain rolled oat, Walmart, Dierbergs, Shnucks or Shop N Save brand as long as it just says ingredients - Rolled Oats

Of course you can buy better brands (cleaner) oats but you can't get a better bang for your buck then oats. (I pay $1.67 last 1 week and a half)

But since they are just a carb on their own, we need to add some protein and here are some of my favorite ways you can do that. Plus you should have your carbs early in the day when your body is going to use them for energy not store them. (BAD T. likes cereal for dinner)

I make my oats a bit runny that way by the time you mix in "your yummy stuff" it is all creamy and D-lish! So don't think your making them too runny, just add a few more dashes of water till you get it right because as you eat it, they tend to thicken. (I do 1/2 cup oats 3/4 c hot water for my oats with fruit)

NOTE: If you don't like whey in your food, you can just drink that on the side using water or skim milk. (I don't like my whey in food or warm except for protein pancakes)

Can't go wrong with this one, sweet or spicy (I use honey and cinnamon) depending on how you like scrambled eggs.
Rachel Macs Eggs n Oats
www.recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1043893

Oats with bananas -
1/2 c oats
3/4 c hot water
1/2 or 1 banana, lots of cinnamon, 1/2 scoop vanilla whey

Oat Egg Pancake
Just like Rachel's Eggs n Oats only make it like a pancake, I love this and add honey and cinnamon (you could do lite syrup)

Oats with apple -
1/2 c oats
3/4 c hot water
1/2 or 1 small apple, cinnamon and 1/2 scoop vanilla whey

Oats with pb or nut butter -
1/2 c oats
3/4 hot water
1/2 apple or banana
1 tbls pb or nut butter

You can add honey, cinnamon, chocolate pb or reg peanut butter, nut butters pumpkin, nuts, what ever you think of.

Oats keep you full and when you add a protein like an egg or nut butter you have an easy fast way to start your day fueled for less calories. People who eat a good breakfast eat up to 30% less calories.

Nuff said.

This is supposed to be today's workout which I am trading for a 4 mile run at lunch

P90X Round 3 Phase 3 Week 2 Day 2

Workout - Cardio X
Mood - Oh yeah
Wt = 124
Time of workout = 40
Cals burned = 324 (10 min mile run at lunch)

Minyata
Plank
Downward dog
Upward dog
Forward bend
Swan dive
Runners lunge
Warrior 1, 2 and reverse warrior

Ball kick - 2x25
Hook upper cut side kick - 2x25
Knuckles ball kick back kick - 2x25
Jab cross hook upper cut - 2x25
3 direction kicks 2x18

Repeat this series 2 times:
Airborn heisman 30 sec
Swing kicks 30 sec
Jump shots 30 sec
Snow tire 30 sec
Wacky jacks 30 seconds

NO EXCUSE I MAKE IT HAPPEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment