Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Kettlebell Workouts


(NOT ME)

I got in some great workouts and had some cake on Sunday other then that I think I did pretty good with my food choices. Considering I had a dinner out and a pot luck I could have went food CRAZY on.

Shred it with weights my only warning here is that you must be mindful of your form not to hit yourself. Plus hold in your abs to support your back during the swings. As with any kettlebells swings you need to be aware of form and core.

I really feel this today in my shoulders as I am using a 12lb kettlebell but it is the right weight for me. My back is a bit sore, but it was already bothering me from running again.

Age.

Today's plan is a run at lunch 2-3 miles with a few inclines. I skipped out on P90X core do to my back and all the swings I did, no way could I do it but will be back at Cardio X Tuesday.

This is a GREAT Kettlebell site I can recommend in case anyone is interested in this type of training
www.mbodystrength.com/mbkewodvd.html

I did shoot 2 new youtube videos if you want to see those :-) just click my youtube icon at the top right side of my blog.


Monday Workout - Plan 2-3 miles at lunch
Run at lunch

Sunday Workout:
Workout - Legs at gym & Shred w/Kettlebell Level 2
Mood - FIERCE
Wt - 122
Time of workout = 45 gym + 25 JM + 45 after dinner walk = 1 hr 55 mins
Cal burned = 382

Gym workout:
Elliptical = 7 mins Level 1 resistance 4
Squats 70lb 2x12
Laying glute press 55lb 2x12
Standing glute press 40lb 2x15
Back extention 40lb 2x20
Captains chair 20 straight alt bent leg lifts

Manual stair climber - 5 min = 50 cals
Elliptical level 1 resistance 4 = 10 mins = 100 cals

Afternoon workout - JM Shred with weights
25 mins

Figure 8 (hard to do without hitting yourself)
Jack w/press
Lunge back
Toe taps - 30
Hip thrust - 12

Repeat 2 times:
Rock n roll up -12
Back lunge w/press -15
Leg up halo - 2x10

Repeat 2 times:
XJacks w/at chest - 25
Plank rows - 15
Swings w/dives -25
Plyo swings w/3 way walk - 25

Repeat 2 times:
Squat w/shoulder press
Rotating swings (Heros)
Inverted grip pushups - 15 (these are super odd)
Punch swings w/1 arm out

Crunch twist w/kettlebell at chest

After dinner walk 45 mins

Saturday Workout:
Day 1 Jillian Michael's New DVD Shred w/Weights
I used a12lb Kettlebell and did Level 1

Workout - Shred with Kettlebells Level 1 & Yoga Class
Mood - Ampd
Wt - 122
Time of workout - 90 minutes + 45 after dinner walk
Cals burned = 246 + Kettelbell circuit

Shred with Kettlebells
Arm swings
Pass kettlebell at waist level - R & L
Pass Kettelbell at head level - R & L
Twist hold in front

Repeat 2 times (first R then L)
Bridge w/shoulder press & leg lift
Swings front - 20
Squat w/front row - 20

Repeat 2 times (first R then L)
Front swings w/switching arms
Lunge w/back row

Crunch holding kettlebell at core
Triangle w/over head snap press
3 way hop holding bell at chest
Laydown get up holding kettlebell
Full swings w/head between legs

Hatha Yoga Class - 1 hour

After dinner walk 45 mins

NO EXCUSE I MAKE IT HAPPEN

No comments:

Post a Comment