Thursday, June 10, 2010

Surgery Day 3 Pictures

I am on day 3 of recovery and here are the pictures of the bandages off.


And if you look close you can see the cut near the top of the ear, ouch!


I am going to try to make it today without pain medicine, but the ear is sticking out and very sore. I can't even touch it at all. I have slept the last 2 days, I can't even read right now.

My head is still ringing like before so please keep the prayers coming that it will go away. I think it sounds just the same, and that is very frustrating to me right now along with some other pounding sounds I am hearing. Some of this I am sure is normal since that is what the recovery sheet says.

I can't lay on my left side only on my right and back, so sleep has not been very comfy but I am making due thanks to all of you. Later today I am going to take a bath, and try to move around a bit more.

The equilibrium is still not there, and taste is off so nothing taste like it should. (even toothpaste is odd) The ear is connected to taste and balance, and until you have something like this you don't realize how amazing the body is.

Thank you again for your prayers and support. I will try to get back to everyone by the weekend when I hope to be able to type much better too. For now I am logging my food and trying to stay eating enough when everything feels and taste weird.

I don't think I will be doing any workouts until next week, or I hope so. My follow up appointment is on the 22nd, lets hope all goes ok till then.

NO EXCUSE I MAKE IT HAPPEN

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of u my friend...get better soon...looks very sore indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart and prayers go out to you girl! Be patient and let your body do its thing...DONT focus on the things you CANT do focus on the thins you CAN do! Far more positives girl than negatives........you will be back 150% I just KNOW it!!!!!!!

    Watch some good girly flicks and listen to your favorite music! Watch the sunset, sunrise, embrace the blessings girl!

    Hugs to you!
    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete