Thursday, June 24, 2010

INSANITY Week 2 Day 1



Today I decided to ease back into Insanity, and see how I did with balance and stamina. Week 2 day 1 is where I am starting.

It has been 2 full weeks since my last REAL hard core workout. I did half the workout, plus I added my own warm up of about 10 minutes.

Why?
1. Because I am stiff from sleeping on the opposite ear, and needed some neck rolls and stretches. I am very tight in my upper body and back since the surgery
2. Because I felt I needed more cardio warm up since my stamina has been down

I have been concerned about going to the chiropractor since my neck pulling on the skin is tender so I am waiting this out a few more days till those stitches feel more healed. I would also love a massage but I am trying to stay on a close budget since this surgery bill has not come in yet.

Tonight I will use my massage chair, and take a bubble bath for some relief.

I wanted to share this from my friend Eric [if your on his P90X Bring it Team you may have seen this] who got it from Tom Venuto.

FYI - DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN GO 8 DAYS WITHOUT FOOD AND ONLY 4 WITHOUT WATER? Drink your H2o!
Here is the article by Tom:
Why would anyone resort to starvation diets when they can burn fat more efficiently through exercise? Perhaps they believe that eating more food and working out at the same time will “cancel" each other out. Maybe they shy away from the hard work involved in exercise.

There’s also a trend these days towards avoiding too much aerobic exercise
because of the false belief that it will make you lose muscle. Quite to the contrary, aerobic exercise –combined with weight training - is the only method of fat loss that allows you to create a calorie deficit and burn fat without slowing down the metabolism.

Here are the reasons why exercise - not dieting - is the superior method of losing body fat:

1. Exercise – aerobic and weight training - raises your metabolic rate.
2. Exercise creates a caloric deficit without triggering the starvation response.
3. Exercise is good for your health. Dieting is harmful to your health.
4. Exercise, especially weight training, signals your body to keep your muscle and not burn it for energy. Dieting without exercise can result in up to 50% of the weight loss to come from lean body mass.
5. Exercise increases fat-burning enzymes and hormones.
6. Exercise increases the cells sensitivity to insulin so that carbohydrates are burned for energy and stored as glycogen rather then being stored as fat.

Insanity Week 2 Day 1 (I am starting where I left off)
Cardio Power & Resistance

Time = 45 mins [I did 20 mins]
Cals burned = 281 [burned 125]

Complete 3 times:
Jogs
Power jacks
Log jumps
1,2,3 Heisman
Butt kicks
High knees
Vertical jumps

Stretch

Complete 3 times:
Power jumps = 25
Belt kicks
Hit the floor [ these kinda strain the back I went slower]
V Push ups = 15,20,23

Tricep dips [ I did round 2 & 3 off the couch due to wrists]
Ball tricep

Complete 3 times:
Huddle jump
Globe jumps
Moving push ups
Floor sprints

Bonus round 3 times:
8 Hop squats to 8 push ups

Stretch

Did anyone see Americas Got Talent last night? The rock climbing dance couple blew me away, did you see that AMAZING act?

NO EXCUSES I MAKE IT HAPPEN
ps: here is my friends AMAZING recipes I wrote about:
I also make her eggs-n-oats every week, never thought of them this way:

2 comments:

  1. Hey chica.....haven't been on much so busy with life, the move, phone calls, planning, etc...!!! AHHHHHHHHH a little overwhelmed, funny story I have been actually thinking of YOU and sleeping on only one side why? a couple weeks ago I pierced the top of my ear with my daughter and I have YET to sleep on it! LOL!

    Hang in there girl...you are a CHAMP no doubt!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    Ha ha that so made my day! I know its funny how you get used to sleeping one way.

    Will we see pics after you get settled in? and of the piercing? I am a baby after this surgery I don't want any more holes in my body ya know?

    Hope your move is going fabulous my friend!

    ReplyDelete