Thursday, October 29, 2009

What Glycemic Index Can Do For You


What is the Glycemic Index? How can it help with weight loss?

Not all carbohydrate foods are created equal, in fact they behave quite differently in our bodies. The glycemic index or GI describes this difference by ranking carbohydrates according to their effect on our blood glucose levels. Choosing low GI carbs - the ones that produce only small fluctuations in our blood glucose and insulin levels - is the secret to long-term health reducing your risk of heart disease and diabetes and is the key to sustainable weight loss.

For more information on this check out this link:
www.glycemicindex.com/


Today we are having a chili cook-off at our office and there are 8 contenders. I did not make chili for this event, since I don't have a "secret" to mine and I just made a huge pot on Monday. There was one pot that was made with chicken and white beans more like a soup. I tasted it and its wonderful, I am going to get the recipe after the event. Chicken and beans, what's not to like?

Do you have a "secret recipe" chili that you make?

To go with my chili I take peanut butter and mix a bit of syrup with it and put it on crackers. It's so good with chili, we have been doing that since I was a child. I suppose you could use honey if you don't want to be so bad.

Here is my workout today and today's pre workout snack
Green Monster:
1/2 c spinach
1/2 banana
1/2 tbs peanut butter
1/2 c skim
1/4 non fat yogurt


P90X Round 2 Classic Week 2 Day 5

Workout - Legs and back
Mood - Slow start
Wt - 115
Time of workout = 35 min
Cals burned = ?

I did pullups with heavy resistance bands today

Chair lunges 15
Calve raise squats w/10lb db 25
Reverse grip chin up 20
Skaters 25
Wall squats - 1min 30 sec
Wide pull ups 30
Step back lunges w/10lb db 30
Alt side lunge w/5lb db 24
Close grip overhand pullup 15
Single leg wall squats - 1 min
Dead lift squats 40
Switch grip pull ups 15

Ab ripper tonight after work.

Getting the Rockstar Body.........

No comments:

Post a Comment