Thursday, October 22, 2009
Has Your Exercise Expired?
Your fitness routine can expire! Your body can and will get used to doing the same ol, same ol thing. The body is very, very smart...so make it work.
Has your exercise expired?
If you have been doing the same thing for more then a month, it has.
What will help you with this is changing it every 4 weeks. You don't have to "can" the whole thing, you can continue some of the moves but change it up for body confusion.
How you might ask after saying but I love doing lunges.....well try them from a bench or on a busu, OH so good!
Try these mix ups:
1. Movement, change a bicep curl to a concentration curl
2. Amount of reps, switching from 3 sets of 12 to 4 sets x 8
3. Amount of weight or intensity, switch to a resistance band or free weights
4. Balance, try doing that same decline push up on a busu or lift a leg
5. Split the workout in 1/2 and do part in the morning and part in the evening
6. Switch your cardio machine, or combo it with 30 minutes on the bike followed by 20 minutes treadmill
Don't let your exercise expire, just like anything else that expires its no good. Keep your body guessing and GET RESULTS.
Here is my workout today:
P90X Round 2 Classic Week 1 Day 5
Workout - Legs and back
Mood - Slug, my legs still hurt
Wt - 115
Time of workout = 45 min
Cals burned = ?
I did pullups with a bar from the ground up, it worked better then the bands for me this time around.
Chair lunges 15
Calve raise squats w/5lb db 25
Reverse grip chin up 20
Wall squats - 1min 30 sec
Wide pull ups 20
Step back lunges w/5lb db 30
Alt side lunge w/5lb db 24
Close grip overhand pullup 15
Single leg wall squats - 1 min
Dead lift squats 40
Switch grip pull ups 15
Getting The Rockstar Body.........