Thursday, December 17, 2009

BL New Last Chance Workout DVD Review


I just got the new BL Last Chance workout and did it this morning instead of my P90X since my Back & Bicep dvd is being fixed.

I completed the 5 minute warm up, and the 25 minute workout. I did not do the cool down, or the 2 other 10 minute workouts included on the dvd.

Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout:

What I liked about it:
JM - need I say more? She is pretty supportive, keeps on them for form corrections
Circuit - cardio & ST alternating
Moves quickly - each move = 30 sec
Some modifications shown
Variety - several types of moves for each movement
My heart rate stayed in the target zone

What I did NOT like about it:
JM - is kinda dorky, even stating "she does not have balance that's why she's the trainer" and "she's skinny so she does not have to do the moves"
No timer or count down to show next up coming moves
Not really an "advanced" workout - you could add more weight but it is what it is.

I wish I would have wrote all the moves down, here is what I remember:

5 min warm up - high marches, arm circles, hip circles
25 min total workout
30 second interval circuit, switching from cardio to strength training.

This is a great beginner, or intermediate workout program here is what I remember:

3lb db on all lateral lifts
5llb db on all tricep moves
10lb db on all back and bicep moves

3 types of jump rope:
Standard
Criss cross
1 leg

Regular jacks
Plank jacks
Scissor jacks

Mountain climbers
In and out Mountain climbers
In and out, jump in and back Mountain climbers

Pushups
Plank pushups (down to elbows and back up)
Plange pushups (1 hand forward, 1 back then switch)

Lunges
Side lunges
Back lunges

Crosses
Hooks
Upper cuts

Side kicks
Front kicks

I got this for $9.99 at Best Buy and its worth the $10.

Getting the Rockstar Body.......

No comments:

Post a Comment