Tuesday, November 10, 2009

HIIT Training With A Chair



Interval training or HIIT high intensity interval training is one of the best workouts! Last night I did HIIT with a chair workout.

FYI:
Interval training is basically exercise which consists of activity at high intensity for a period of time, followed by low intensity exercise for a period of time. These 'sets' are repeated.

Since I only teach one day a week, I try to make the most of the time we have together. I also try to include things that they can do at home, and show the correct form, and why we do it the way we do for the maximum impact. Class last night was GREAT everyone worked up a good sweat! We had a good time and had 16 total, our biggest class yet. I can always tell when its going strong because the talking goes away, which means they are bringing it!

If you have never tried this type of training, I recommend that you do because I personally love this type of training. Rather then me describing all the benefits of this type of training I found this great site that does a fabulous job of what its all about and how to do it.
www.intervaltraining.net/


We did 40 minutes HIIT with a chair workout routine. You can do so much with chair workouts, and get great results.

5 min warm up wide reaching steps/stretches/runners stretch
3 min Shuffle shoot the basket
30 second recovery heel kicks
25 J- jacks
30 second recovery heel kicks
3 min Shuffle chair squats (T. created)
30 second recovery heel kicks
Chair calve raise
Chair side leg lift/back leg lift/glute press
Side lunges with arms overhead

Finished up with core
50 superman's (25 were bonus round)
50 climb ladder crunches
25 each side reverse bent leg crunches
Yoga stretches cool down, back stretches, laying glute stretch, standing stretches, head rolls and deep breathing.

I wanted to add tri-dips and wall pushups, but time ran out.

Today is my Plyo day workout day number 25. I will split this at lunch and after work. 3 workouts yesterday and I was too sore this morning!

Today smoothie was:
1 cup grapes
1 cup plain vanilla yogurt
1 tsp olive oil,
1/2 scoop choc whey
1 cup water

Getting the Rockstar Body..........

No comments:

Post a Comment