Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Balance Makes Or Breaks Yoga


My ear problem was effecting my balance.

My ear appointment went very well yesterday, he said the ear was fine and that he recommended I do medicine or surgery with a tube. I was like huh? The he said it won't hurt, just sting and that it would only take a few minutes and he could do it right then. I was like, sign me up! My co-pay is $50 and I did not want to pay that again. Yup, I am a baby with this stuff so I hummed and imagined I was walking on the beach collecting sea shells. It was over in about 5 minutes. 5 loooooong minutes, but done by a real great doctor that I trust.

There is a bit of squishy stuff sounding in it this morning so I left a message with my doctor I think from my shower. I had a tube put in yesterday, and he said that there was all kinds of liquid (snot like yum) behind my ear drum. Causing pressure and loss if equilibrium, and making me very un-energetic.

Well that explains the headaches, and more so, my balance problems with Yoga. I have been struggling the last month to hold a pose. I thought I have always had good balance, and was kinda dumb founded on why all the sudden I could not get or keep my footing. I was focused on breath, and getting good oxygen, my rib cage was open.

I had ear surgery about 3 months ago, and felt fine. Well unfortunately for the last 3 months little by little this area behind ear drum was filling up, causing me to eat 4 or more aspirin a day for my head ringing.

Talk about annoying! Ever have your head ring in a tone non-stop?

If you have allergies, I feel bad for you my sisters have them. I am sure you may have head pressure and these kind of things, but I never have. And if you recall, that was the reason I chose to have the surgery. I was starting to get crabby!

Like a phone that never gets answered, need I say more?

So hopefully I will get a call back today, and know that everything is ok. I will be going back in February. This should help me with my hand stand pushups....woo woo!

Here is my latest article on oxygen, which is so important in yoga or fitness
www.examiner.com/x-28813-St-Louis-Fitness-Trends-Examiner


Pre-workout smoothie - this was delish!
1 c cherries
1 scoop choc whey
1 c 1% milk
1/2 c cold coffee
1 tsp olive oil

Post-workout snack
1 c peaches
1 tsp olive oil
1 c low fat cottage cheese

Here is my workout today:
P90X Round 2 Day 33

Workout - Plyometrics
Mood - GREAT
Wt = 114.5
Time of workout = 40 mins
Cals burned = ?

30 seconds to 1 min each move.

Walking lunges
Jump squats
Air Heismans
Swing kicks
Turn squats
2 tire heismans
Circle runs
Squat reach jump
Squat switch pick ups
Jump knee tucks
Mary Katherns
Leap frog squats
Twist combo
Skis - right, center, left, center
All around jumps
Rocks star hops
Gap Jumps
Squat Jumps
Military Marches

Getting the Rockstar Body......

No comments:

Post a Comment