Thursday, March 24, 2011

Split Workout Tips

Yesterday was our last day of warm weather, now its back to gloom and cold. I am such a person ruled by the sun, just like my mom. (even though my zodiac says the moon... still). I do love the moon since it sometimes can be so big, low and full but I need sun!

If you really want BIG results in your workout, do splits. Do a workout in the morning and a workout at night. The best way for me is to do my strength training in the morning and cardio at lunch/or after work.

The reason is I am a morning person (again like mom) and I need my focus for my weights as cardio is a breeze for me. I always feel the energy once I get started. But if you want a tip on cardio use sugar free full size Altoids.

Then put them in your jawline and breathe in the mint, it makes you come alive. I have done this for years as a runner and it works. Something about peppermint and the brain.

Tips:
ST or Cardio when your at your best, do the one you least like or easiest last
Use Altoids
If you have time for a walk during the day 20 minutes really helps
Steps available use them and do them twice, who cares what people think. (I always tell people I forgot something, and really I have my workout lol)

Green Monster:
1 cup 1% milk
1/2 c spinach fresh
1/2 banana
10 blueberries
1 tsp olive oil

Here is how yesterday ended:

Workout - Split cardio/body wt & Zumba
Time of workout = 40 + 60 = 1hr 40 min
Cals burned = 417

Lunch workout:
Walking
Inclines
Decline pushups
Tricep dips
Step ups

After work workout:
Zumba w/client

NO EXCUSES I MAKE IT HAPPEN

No comments:

Post a Comment