Thursday, June 14, 2012

Guest Post: Looking for Inspiration: Pumped-up Dance Playlist 2012


 Wow, I just love guest posts and I have another one for you that is going to help MOTIVATE you for your workouts.  This one is from Barbara Jolie, so enjoy!



Looking for Inspiration: Pumped-up Dance Playlist 2012


I really didn't start focusing too much on my health and fitness until my senior year in college. By the end of the third month of transforming into a "fitness freak," I started losing steam. The gym was boring! I wanted to give up, that is until my dear friend set me straight: "you aren't doing it right, man," she said. "The gym is where I multitask and catch up on shows, reading, and music all at the same time!" I laughed, but she did have one valid point—music was missing from my workouts.

Music definitely has a way of inspiring and motivating—no wonder so many instructors make sure that they have the perfect playlist for their pupils while teaching a Zumba, cycling, or weight training class for example. Music truly has the power to take your workouts to a completely different level. That's why you need to constantly update your iPod and bring it with you to the gym or when doing your daily walk in the park. Below I've compiled a list of songs that inspire me. Dance tracks are usually my favorite, only because they help me reach my target heart rate and make me push harder when I feel like stopping. Hopefully they'll be able to do the same for you too.

Where Have You Been, Rihanna

Let’s Go, Calvin Harris featuring Ne-yo

Too Close, Alex Clare

Tongue Tied, Grouplove

Wild Ones, Flo Rida

We are Young, Fun

Scream, Usher

Turn Up the Music, Chris Brown

Dance Again, Jennifer Lopez

Back in Time, Pit Bull

Chasing the Sun, The Wanted

These are songs that can be heard on the radio right now, but there are tons of other songs that can get you pumped, new and old. Would you like to share your thoughts on what/who would make it on to your favorite workout playlist?

This guest post is contributed by Barbara Jolie, who writes for the online classes blog. Barbara Jolie is an avid writer and blogger, interested in all things education. For questions or comments email her at barbara.jolie876@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment